Information on supports to medical expense
Created date：February 15th, 2018
A grant-in-aid program for chronic diseases in childhood
Children with chronic diseases such as cancers need long-term medical care which requires considerable expenditure.
TThis governmental support program aims to establish new treatments for children with such diseases. Additionally, the program reduces the economic load of their families by supporting medical expenses not covered by medical insurance.
Less than 18 years of age（If continuous treatment is needed after 18 years of age, it can be expanded up to 19 years of age.）
- Malignant neoplasm (leukemia, malignant lymphoma, neuroblastoma, etc.)
- Hemophilia and other blood/immunological disorders (hemophilia, chronic granulomatous disease, etc.）
- Other chronic and refractory diseases such as inborn error of metabolism
A self-pay burden of each patient is defined according to the income of the guardian.
In hospitalized cases, it ranges from 0 to 11,500 Japanese Yen per month.
In outpatient cases, it ranges from 0 to 5,750 Japanese Yen per month.
The amount limited to this regulation should be paid to the hospital as a part of the medical fee. If the patient is diagnosed as being seriously ill, it is entirely exempt.
Please see the related links:
Prefectures, designated cities, and core cities
6.Materials required when submitting
(1) application form
(2) medical certificate
(3) copy of the certificate of residence
(4) copy of certificate indicating the income of the guardian
For more information, contact the nearest public health center.